Bungee Assembly Item - Stainless Steel
This part is associated with our Custom Length Dyneema® Bungee Cords (only) and covers the component and assembly charges for each bungee cord ordered.
Stainless Steel Hooks and Assembly for Custom Length Dyneema Bungee Cords
- You need to first determine the length of DSM Dyneema® shock cord needed prior to adding this assembly to the shopping cart
- Stainless steel hooks and crimps come in a set of two
- So for every bungee cord you order you will need one set. Example: if you order a 33-inch bungee, then order 1 Bungee Assembly Item - Stainless Steel in the "Quantity" field above
Note: Our hooks are fabricated from strong 304 stainless steel to provide a professional look even after years of service.
Note: We do not offer coated or painted regular steel hooks, as they always rust and deform.
- Strong 304 series stainless steel hooks and crimps to match the ruggedness of our Dyneema® Bungee Cord
- Designed for wet environments and UV exposure
- Unlike most bungee cords on the market, these are designed for multiple-year use (unlike galvanized hooks and non-UV resistant shock cords)
- 3/8" (10-mm) diameter shock cord with associated 1/8" (3.2-mm) stainless steel wire hooks
- The published breaking strength of the Dyneema® Shock Cord is 584-lbf (260 DaN)
Note: 304 stainless steel is 10-18% stronger than 316 stainless steel. Although perhaps not as corrosion resistant as 316, the 304 series material (due to its strength) does not deform in the product configuration. This is the primary reason you cannot find bungee hooks in 316 series stainless steel – as they will bend under load.
- No warranty, as it is a consumable item
- However, in the unlikely event you encounter shipping damage; please contact Manu Kea immediately for support
Note: This is a custom order. We cut and fabricate this product to length for our valued customers. Once cut, there are no refunds. Please see our Store Policies for more information and please measure several times to ensure an accurate fit. Call us if you have any questions or concerns!