Dyneema® & Stainless Steel Bungee Cords (set of 2)
28.99 52.99 $28.99 - $52.99
True marine-grade bungee cords for serious use! There is absolutely nothing better designed than a stout bungee cord when you’re needing to secure loose items on a boat.
- Designed for robustness and long service-life.
- Tightly braided DSM Dyneema® sheathed shock cord provides ultimate strength, abrasion, and UV resistance.
- Dyneema® is considered to be the world's strongest fiber (15 times stronger than steel).
- Set of 2 bungees in 36, 24, 16, or 12-inch lengths.
- Black 10-mm (slightly larger than 3/8-inch) diameter cordage with big 1/8-inch (3.2-mm) diameter stainless steel hooks.
- This is the largest diameter and strongest shock cord currently commercially available.
- Our hooks are fabricated from strong 304 stainless steel to provide a professional look even after years of service. Note; we do not offer coated or painted regular steel hooks, as they always rust and deform.
- This is the strongest bungee material currently available. Made with DSM brand Dyneema® in Austria. Designed for wet environments and UV exposure. Unlike most bungee cords on the market, these are designed for multiple-year use (unlike galvanized hooks and non-UV resistant shock cords).
- 10-mm diameter shock cord with associated 3.2-mm stainless steel wire hooks. The published minimum breaking strength of this Dyneema® Shock Cord is an astounding 584-lbf (2.6-kN).
Note: 304 stainless steel is 10-18% stronger than 316 stainless steel. Although perhaps not as corrosion resistant as 316, the 304 series material does not deform in the product configuration. This is the primary reason you cannot find bungee hooks in 316 series stainless steel – as they will bend under load.
- No warranty (as it is a consumable item). However, in the unlikely event you encounter shipping damage please contact Manu Kea immediately for support.